KNOW GOD... KNOW JUSTICE
Knowing God is key in knowing ourselves. Learning who is God helps us discover how we should live life in this fallen world so we can fulfill His purpose. Today’s first message in this series will cover the importance of knowing God so we can know true justice.
Today’s Key Scriptures:
Matthew 6:33 NKJV
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
Isaiah 30:18 NIV
Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
What is Justice?
- Justice in Hebrew —> mispat = verdict = a sentence or formal decree = a judgement = process = right = rectitude = restorative.
- Justice is getting what’s you deserve without favor.
- Justice is blind.
- Justice demands that he be tried in a court of justice and if found guilty... be punished.
- Justice demands for everyone to be equal under the law.
- Justice requires for the individual to take personal responsibility for what he/she did.
- Justice is about the truth.
3 Points About Justice:
#1) SEEK IT
Proverbs 28:5 | Isaiah 1:17a | Psalm 89:14 | Isaiah 30:12-13 | Deuteronomy 32:4
- Justice is one of God’s attributes and it flows out of his holiness, His heart and character.
- When you know God you know Justice!
- God’s Justice = doing the right thing according to the law of love which is to restore to a right state, to heal and to save; putting things right agaiN— ﬁxing, repairing, and restoring broken relationships.
#2) SPEAK IT (LIVE IT)
Psalm 106:3 | Jeremiah 22:3 | Galatians 5:22-23 | Proverbs 31:8 | Psalm 146:7-9
- When you live just, you will experience God’s joy!
#3) SHARE IT
Isaiah 51:4 | Isaiah 5:16
- God wants to reveal himself through His Justice, His Truth.
Psalm 101 Passion
Lord, I will sing about your faithful love for me. My song of praise will have your justice as its theme. I’m trying my best to walk in the way of integrity, especially in my own home. But I need your help! I’m wondering, Lord, when will you appear? I refuse to gaze on that which is vulgar. I despise what is evil and anything that moves my heart away from you. I will not let evil hold me in its grip. Every perverse and crooked way I have put away from my heart, for I will have nothing to do with the deeds of darkness. I will silence those who secretly want to slander my friends, and I will not tolerate the proud and arrogant. My innermost circle will only be those whom I know are pure and godly. They will be the only ones I allow to minister to me. There’s no room in my home for hypocrites, for I can’t stand chronic liars who flatter and deceive. At each and every sunrise I will awake to do what’s right and put to silence those who love wickedness, freeing God’s people from their evil grip. I will do all of this because of my great love for you!
- This should be the desire of every child of God... to live a life of integrity. Which in its essence, justice is the main theme.