CHECK YOUR VISION
Do you have vision? Do you have vision for your family? Do you have vision for this year/decade? But overall, does your vision align with God’s vision for you? Maybe it’s time to check your vision.
Proverbs 29:18 Passion
When there is no clear prophetic vision, people quickly wander astray. But when you follow the revelation of the word, heaven’s bliss fills your soul.
Purpose of a Vision
1) Aligns us with God
2) Aligns us with people
3) Gives us a positive standard of action and behavior
4) Gives us a clear picture of success
5) Helps us determine what is not God's will for us
6) Prepares us for God's provision
For His house to be filled bringing lives to Christ to live and serve in community, in the culture of the Kingdom and of the church.
Common Vision Issues:
Galatians 2:20 | 1 Timothy 2:3-4
- Blindness: Traditions, predictable, no risk taking. It is a church based on fear that never takes risks.
Romans 14:1 | John 13:20 | Romans 12:13-17 | Mark 16:15
- Near-sighted: Lack of compassion, lack of evangelism; Focus is only on taking care of everything within the 4 walls of the church.
2 Timothy 3:16-17 | Jeremiah 10:21
- Far-sighted: They are only about evangelism and missions. There is no discipline, lack of discipleship
#4) TUNNEL VISION
Psalm 146:3-4 | 2 Timothy 4:3
- Tunnel Vision: Focused on the gift of a specific person, Follows one specific desire of a gift or spiritual experience.
#5) LAZY EYES
Romans 13:2-7 | Hebrews 13:17
- Lazy-Eyes: People, groups, or ministries that are not connected with the vision.
THE VISION PROCESS
1. Submit Everything to God
2. Ask the Holy Spirit for Vision
3. Read the Word
4. Submit to Authority
5. Look at What God Has Given You
6. Write It Down
7. Keep Everything and Everyone Focused on the Vision
1 Corinthians 1:10 Passion
I urge you, my brothers and sisters, for the sake of the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, to agree to live in unity with one another and put to rest any division that attempts to tear you apart. Be restored as one united body living in perfect harmony. Form a consistent choreography among yourselves, having a common perspective with shared values.
- Have you checked your vision lately?
- There is a blessing when we join the vision of your spiritual home.