Follow along with the latest message from our English Service
Today we will talk about how the Holy Spirit carries out/disperses His ministry. In other words, How is this person in whom is called God the Holy Spirit?
Key Scriptures: John 14:16-17 Passion
And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Savior, the Holy Spirit of Truth, who will be to you a friend just like me—and he will never leave you. The world won’t receive him because they can’t see him or know him. But you will know him intimately, because he will make his home in you and will live inside you.
(Bible References: John 14:25-26; 15:26; 16:7, 12-13)
◦ = Intercessor, Comforter, advocate, defense attorney, encourager; one called to stand next to you as a helper.
◦ para = along side; kletos = to come
◦ The translator chose the word Savior because one word alone is not enough to explain adequately the full meaning.
#1) HE IS MY HELPER
(Bible References: John 16:8-11; John 12:31; John 3:17)
◦ Convicts you that you need a Savior (Sin)
◦ Convicts you that you have been made righteous before God. (Righteousness)
◦ Convicts you that Satan has no authority over your life. (Judgement)
#2) HE IS MY FRIEND
(Bible References: Galatians 5:22-23; Matthew 7:16a; John 15:15)
◦ His Fruit
◦ His Power
◦ His Love
#3) HE IS MY GOD
(Bible Reference: Acts 5:3-4)
(Bible Reference: Hebrews 13:5)