CHECK YOUR PULSE
Check your pulse! There’s a reason why we check our pulse. It helps us determine how our heart is doing. We should check our pulse on a regular basis to make sure the condition of our hearts is after God’s heart.
Proverbs 4:23 Passion
So above all, guard the affections of your heart, for they affect all that you are. Pay attention to the welfare of your innermost being, for from there flows the wellspring of life.
Psalm 26:2 NLT
Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart. I will never lose sight of your love for me. Your faithfulness has steadied my steps.
1 Samuel 16:7 | 1 Chronicles 29:17 | Proverbs 14:30
- Heart refers to personality, intellect, memory, emotions, desires, will (aka soul), spirit; the very essence of who you are; ‘all that is within you’.
- Emotional health gives us the ability to relate to God and to others properly.
10 Signs of a Healthy Heart:
Song of Songs 1:15 | Song of Songs 4:3
- Openly express both physical and verbal affection
- Empathize with others and focus on their needs and desire. Empathizing means listening, as well as attempting to put yourself in each other's shoes.
- Communicate honestly and openly in a gracious manner. This means being able to talk about your feelings.
- Confront people with complaints in a timely and gracious manner. Communicate honestly about something that has gone wrong, instead of being angry, withdrawn or passive-aggressive.
- Receive complaints or corrections without being defensive or hostile. This means that you are open to hearing from another person.
1 Corinthians 13:11
- Take responsibility for your behavior and apologize, when necessary, with sincerity and grace
Colossians 3:23-24 | Galatians 5:13
- Serve and give to others without expecting anything in return.
- Process anger, offenses, and disappointments in a timely and gracious manner.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
- Be wise, but be vulnerable and reveal weakness without fear or shame.
- Be joyful and faith-filled in the midst of difficulty.
Matthew 5:8 Passion
“What bliss you experience when your heart is pure! For then your eyes will open to see more and more of God.
- How can I heal?
1) Honesty with God
2) Responsibility to God
3) Mercy of God