THE UNMASKING PT 1
It’s time to unmask two major things happening in our nation— in the world. In part 1, we will discover the first of the two issues coming against God’s work. The first unmasking is Manhood/Fatherhood.
Series Key Scripture:
2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Sermon Key Scripture:
Luke 1:17 Amp
And he will [himself] go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn back the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient and incredulous and unpersuadable to the wisdom of the upright...
- Expose the true character of or hidden truth about
- In government: declassify/reveal the identity of someone being monitored
- In 1960, 5% of America's children entered the world without a mother and father married to each other.
- By 1980 it was 18%
- By 2000 it had risen to 33%
- In 2015 the number reached 41%
- Out-of-wedlock births (from 1965 to 2015)
- For blacks, out-of-wedlock births have gone from 25% in 1965 to 73% in 2015.
- For whites, from less than 5% to over 25%
- Hispanics, out-of-wedlock births have risen to 53%
TWO MAIN ROLES OF A FATHER:
#1) TRANSFER THE NATURE & CHARACTER OF GOD
- We are called to reflect God.
- If we all had fathers... the chances of us prejudging people...the chances of us rebelling... the chances of us disrespecting authorities... the chances of us dishonoring... the chances of us having adult tantrums... the chances of us hurting others... would be much much less.
- If we all had Godly fathers... then the chances of not reflecting the character of God would be slim to none.
#2) TRANSFER THE BLESSINGS & PURPOSE OF GOD
Exodus 20:5,6 | Luke 1:17 | Romans 13:1-5
- The father should transfer purpose in the lives of his children.
- Iniquity = sins of the heart.
- It is not just the words we speak... it is the life we live that is transferred.
- You can pass a generational influence of blessings and purpose— or curse and destruction.
- If your father did not transfer blessings, you can start today.
- We are to call out the plans of God in our children's life. Help them discover their gifts.
Matthew 6:19-21 | Proverbs 27:23-24
Four Things You Should Do If you are Not Being Responsible With Your Manhood/Fatherhood:
1) ACCEPT Your Responsibility!
2) ADJUST Your Priorities!
3) ALIGN Your Heart!
4) ABOLISH Your Judgements!
- Are you ready to be an influence to your children— to transfer the nature and character of God, His blessings and purpose?