THE UNMASKING PT 2
It’s time to unmask two major things happening in our nation— in the world. In part 2, we will discover the second of the two issues coming against God’s work. The second unmasking is the spirit of Jezebel.
Series Key Scripture:
2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
Sermon Key Scripture:
2 Kings 9:22 NLT
King Joram demanded, “Do you come in peace, Jehu?” Jehu replied, “How can there be peace as long as the idolatry and witchcraft of your mother, Jezebel, are all around us?”
- Expose the true character of or hidden truth about
- In government: declassify/reveal the identity of someone being monitored
- Instead of men reflecting the image of God the Father, we are reflecting the spirit of Ahab and therefore the spirit which you may have heard as Jezebel is running rampantly.
1 Kings 16:29-31 | 1 Kings 21:25 | Revelation 2:20-23
Who Is Ahab?
- Ahab was the king of Israel. He was already evil before getting with Jezebel but was even worse afterwards. The emasculating of men is what happened to king Ahab in the OT. The spirit of Ahab has been affecting our men.
Who Is Jezebel?
- She was an idol-worshipping seductress who slaughtered God’s prophets, terrified His servants, had her enemies assassinated, and emasculated her husband, the king of Israel. She stands as the epitome of an evil woman.
The Spirit of Jezebel
- The main goal of the Jezebel spirit is to fill a void of authority and try to get people to defile themselves inwardly or outwardly so that they are disqualified to serve.
Characteristics Of A Person Under The Influence Of Jezebel:
Genesis 3:16 | 1 Samuel 15:23 | Titus 3:9-10
3) Pride & Arrogance
4) Unrighteous Control (Manipulation, Intimidation, Control)
- In order to turn the nation from the Lord, she had to silence the voice of God’s prophets. To turn our nation away from God, this evil spirit wants to silence the church, divide the church by removing God from our nation and begin a war.
1 Kings 21:25 | Isaiah 54:17 |1 Kings 19:2-17 | Genesis 1:27
Two Key Things Jezebel wants to Achieve:
- When you limit God, He cannot use you. You must see God as bigger than your problem.
- She wants to destroy the image of God here on earth!
- Men bring leadership! Women bring unity!
2 Kings 9:22
- We are called to be the voice of God. Don’t Be Silent! Be Brave!