DON’T LOSE IT
Have you ever thrown away or lost something that you shouldn’t have? We all do. One thing we shouldn’t lose— especially In times such as these— is our confidence... Our confidence/faith/trust in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 10:35-39 Passion
So don’t lose your bold, courageous faith, for you are destined for a great reward! You need the strength of endurance to reveal the poetry of God’s will and then you receive the promise in full. For soon and very soon, “The One who is appearing will come without delay!” And he also says, “My righteous ones will live from my faith. But if fear holds them back, my soul is not content with them!” But we are certainly not those who are held back by fear and perish; we are among those who have faith and experience true life!
Genesis 3:1-5 | Genesis 37:31-32 | 2 Corinthians 4:4 | Hebrews 10:19-27
- Confidence in Greek = parrēsia = all out-spokenness, i.e. frankness, bluntness, publicity; by implication, assurance: bold.
- Confidence = bold courageous faith
“A believer without confidence is like a jet without fuel, just sitting on the runaway— all that equipment but no power to get up above the circumstances.” Joyce Meyer
Three things you need to access your CONFIDENCE:
#1) CONSCIENCE (v.22)
Hebrews 10:22 | Romans 12:2 | Acts 24:16 | 1 Peter 3:15-16 | Colossians 3:2
- Some of you have lost your confidence because you have violated your conscience.
#2) COMMUNITY (v.24-25)
Hebrews 10:24-25 | Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 | 1 Corinthians 14:26
- How can you be encouraged if disconnect your life from everyone?
#3) CONSISTENCY (v.36-39)
Hebrews 10:36-39 | Galatians 6:9
- If you want more access to your confidence then you need to increase your resistance.
- We must continue to be consistent... showing up, reading the Word, talking with God, expressing your love to God, loving on people, forgiving people, serving people.
1 Corinthians 15:58 | 2 Corinthians 4:1 | Philippians 1:6
1 Corinthians 15:58 Passion
So now, beloved ones, stand firm and secure. Live your lives with an unshakable confidence. We know that we prosper and excel in every season by serving the Lord, because we are assured that our union with the Lord makes our labor productive with fruit that endures.
- We cannot allow for circumstances (the enemy, the hurts in life) to take away our confidence, our purpose, our faith, our passion.