Follow along with the latest message from our English Service
Summary: In today’s message, we want to understand the importance of cultivating a spirit of honor by trusting God, honoring everyone with our words, and with our actions.
Key Scripture: Mark 6:4-6 Passion
Jesus said to them, “A prophet is treated with honor everywhere except in his own hometown, among his relatives, and in his own house.” He was unable to do any great miracle in Nazareth, except to heal a few sick people by laying his hands upon them. He was amazed at the depth of their unbelief! Then Jesus went out into the different villages and taught the people.
The Sinai Culture is to live under the authority delegated by the Senior Pastor and his leadership in grace, humility, service, honor, obedience, gratitude, faith, generosity, integrity, excellence, rest, and with a multigenerational mentality.
Sinai’s Culture Of Honor Declaration:
We believe in honoring God with our way of life and honoring others as God has honored us. (Philippians 2:1-4; Isaiah 25:1; Romans 12:1,10; 1 Peter 1:14-16).
◦ A Culture of Honor is to value people.
◦ A Culture of Honor is to love people.
◦ A Culture of Honor is a command from God.
◦ A Culture of Honor must come from the heart.
◦ A Culture of Honor is powerful.
◦ A Culture of Honor is relational.
3 Points On How We Can Honor
#1) HONOR BY TRUSTING GOD
(Bible References: Romans 10:17; Mark 5:34-36; Luke 8:12; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; James 1:21-22; John 5:37-38; Psalm 25:10; John 14:23-26; Luke 11:28; Deuteronomy 6:4)
Formula for trusting God
#2) HONOR WITH YOUR WORDS
(Bible References: Numbers 12:1-15; Proverbs 18:21)
◦ Words can either hurt or heal. Build or destroy.
◦ Words can either cost you or be an investment.
◦ Words can last a lifetime, whether good or bad.
#3) HONOR WITH YOUR ACTIONS
(Bible References: Genesis 9:18-21; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31; Genesis 9:22-27; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13)
2) Appreciate (Love & Value)
3) Cohabitate (Live in peace)
(Bible Reference: 2 Timothy 1:6-7)